CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

четверг, 18 июня 2009 г.

Dramas...

Being an unemployed couch potato that I am and bumming off of my parents for my everything, I have copious amounts of free time now that summer is here. Since I got back from my "Let's go follow a Korean hip hop band!" adventure in California (which ran me a pretty penny but SO worth it) almost a month ago, I have absolutely nothing to do.
The first 2 days were spent on re-arranging and cleaning my room. I lost my motivation about half way through, so all of my books currently remain in the basement and my clothes in plastic boxes.
The first 2 weeks were also spent sleeping about 12 hours a day - since with the exception of power naps and weekends I was only sleeping on every other day through out the semester - what can I say, college education breaks lives.

Now, though, I'm all caught up on sleep and I can't sleep more than 8 hours a day. Pity, really.
I have been reduced to doing nothing but watching Japanese dramas all day.
I am currently following Atashinchi no Danshi (which I can comprehend without subtitles for the most part), Mr Brain (which I can't understand more than half of and am so completely lost when there are no subs) and also watching Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Bloody Monday, Galileo and Binbo Danshi when I'm bored.

And trust me, I am bored, although I'm sure that the sheer number of things I am watching is pretty indicative. I have spent about 4 hours today watching Bloody Monday - and let me tell you, it is the most intense Japanese drama ever made. Russian terrorists, terrorists in general, an artificially created extra-deadly virus that, pretty much is a modern day equivalent of the black plague and can wipe out Tokyo in a week and to top it all off, the main protagonist is a highschool-aged genius most-brilliant-in-Japan hacker played by Miura Haruma (Koizora anyone?) The intensity of it all pretty much breaks my brain, and I think I might asphyxiate to death because the entire drama is hold-your-breath moments.

All I can do for now is claim that it helps me with my Japanese. It does, right? Right? More so than reading Koizora.